-
April 25th, 2006, 07:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Global warming fueling hurricanes
researchers are blaming global warming for the severity of hurricanes this past year, they say that from the wind and increasing water temps it strengthens the hurricanes. Do we actually know that the water hasn't warmed up before and cooled backed down? Are there actual numbers to prove that this hasn't happened before? I honestly don't have any idea, I just know what I have read and if all the research is true then this Earth is in big trouble. I read somewhere that if the polar ice caps keep melting at the rate they are now several US cities on the coast could be under water very shortly, don't know the exact amount of time, nor the amount of water it would take for this to happen but it was very interesting. What do you guys think?
-
April 27th, 2006, 07:14 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
It was actually Chuck Norris practicing roundhouse kicks that caused the hurricane [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Anyway I saw a special on CNN about global warming and it said somthing like Hawaii could be in big trouble; maybe not even be there in the next few years
-
April 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
we talk about this all the time in my Geology and my Oceanography class. .. I don't think people realize what a huge threat this is b/c we're always telling ourselves not in our liftime... my professor said Richmond could be ocean front property if we don't try to actually lessen the effects we're having on the enviroment b/c we're part of the problem with global warming.
-
April 28th, 2006, 08:31 AM
#4
Guest
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
Isn't it interesting how the storms moving north from the equator where the earth is more narrow, helps to increase the wind speed? I always wondered how they got up to such speeds.
-
April 28th, 2006, 09:44 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
global warming is a sign from God to stop our sinful liberal ways
-
April 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
thanks for the laugh bud.
-
April 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Re: Global warming fueling hurricanes
slights from God are no laughing matter
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks